The Ten-Year Plan Advisory Board meets every quarter. The next meeting is scheduled for Friday, March 25, 2011, at 8am at the Knox County Public Defender’s Community Law Office. The meeting is open. Anyone is welcome to attend.
Meeting Dates for 2011
- March 25
- June 17
- September 23
- December 16
Please note: this board functions in an advisory capacity. It is not a board of directors.
At these meetings, the TYP office had presented a detailed progress report, and an in-depth explanation of it. The first of these reports was made in September, 2007. Now, the TYP office conducts a conversation with the Advisory Board about a topic or topics vital to the TYP.
In the interest of openness, reports are linked below, most recent ones at the top of the list.
Abbreviations & Acronyms
Our reports to the Advisory Board contain a lot of acronyms that might be a little confusing. Here’s a list of what those terms mean, along with some links to information that you might find helpful.
- CAC=Knoxville-Knox Co. Community Action Committee
- CDBG = Community Development Block Grant
- CM=Case Manager/Management
- CSU=Crisis Stabilization Unit
- FHLB = Federal Home Loan Bank
- HMIS = Homeless Management Information System
- HOME = HOME Investment Partnership Program
- HPRP = Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-housing Program
- HRM, HRMN = Helen Ross McNabb
- HUD = U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- KAPA (UT/KAPPA) = Knoxville Area Project Access
- KARM = Knox Area Rescue Ministries
- KCDC = Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation
- LIHTC = Low-Income Housing Tax Credits
- NSP = Neighborhood Stabilization Plan
- PDCLO = Public Defender Community Law Office
- PSH = Permanent Supportive Housing
- QAP = Qualified Allocation Plan
- SAMHSA = Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- SHF = Southeastern Housing Foundation
- SS = Social Security income
- SSI = Supplemental Security Income
- SWORPS = Social Work Office of Research & Public Service
- TBRA = Tenant-based Rental Assistance
- TCAP = Tax Credit Assistance Program
- THDA = Tennessee Housing Development Agency
- TSA = The Salvation Army
- TYP =Knoxville & Knox County Mayors’ Office of the Ten-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness
- VMC = Volunteer Ministry Center
Members of the Advisory Board
Helen Ross McNabb
Council of Involved Neighborhoods (COIN)
Knox County District Attorney’s Office
Knoxville-Knox County CAC
Knoxville’s Community Development Corp.
Dr. Roger Nooe
UT College of Social Work
Captain David Rausch
Knoxville Police Department
Mintha Roach: Chair
Knoxville Utilities Board
Knox Area Rescue Ministries
Denark Construction, Inc.
Father Ragan Schriver
Alex (Bo) Shafer, Jr.
Major Don Vick
The Salvation Army